Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seems Impossible...

Have you ever had one of those days? For that matter, one of those months, years, lives? Sometimes it just seems like no matter what you do, you cant get ahead. Life will challenge. You never know what is going to happen until it happens, but then what? I always see things as sink of swim. But you can just see how things are stacked so that if you so choose to sink, the world will put its foot down to speed things up.

Well I say no more. I heard a great philosopher make a life statement that made me think. He said, "We will eat that elephant one bite at a time". The philosopher was my dad. He is no philosopher. And it made me laugh more than think. What a way to picture things.

You see, its all about perspective. Did life give you lemons or lemonade? I know, I'm sorry. I'm as tired of that adage as you are but hey. I am currently being trained at work. I sit in a room and learn and get paid. Its boring, its redundant, its tailored to the simplest denominator... but wait. I'm getting paid to sit. I'm stealing.

This is a little exciting.

Each hour ticks by and my Grinch smile curls and curls and curls. I put my finger tips together and eye ball my instructors... the fools.

obviously this is ridiculous, but hey. I had fun. Fun. Change the way you think. Your fired? big whoop, you complained about that job all the time, go do what you want. your poor? learn simple pleasures? Campfires and beer are just as good as movies and steak. When I find my fridge empty at dinner time, I don't cry. I get creative.

Life is an elephant. Maybe yours has his trunk sky high in the symbol of good fortune, or maybe yours is sitting (I said SITting) on your face. All you have to do is take a bite and make your way to the top. may take a while, but you can do it. One bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment